... Thoughts on our adventures ...

... Thoughts on our adventures ...
... sharing our thoughts on our adventures ...

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

We had a lot of fun celebrating Mother's Day yesterday!
Daddy & I got Mommy a beautiful orchid!
-

Unfortunately, pictures in our dining room come out very dark because of the window, but it is a lovely room and the orchid looks very nice in there --
you'll just have to come visit us and see it for yourself!
-
And I made Mommy her first ever kid-made card!
Daddy helped me put the picture on it & trace my hand to "sign" it!
-
When I gave it to her I said, "Look Mommy, beautiful!"
"Beautiful" is my new favorite word!
-
We also got Mommy this collage frame of family photos.
We picked out some pictures to put in it & hung it up.
When Benjamin comes we will put some photos of him in there too!
-
I apologize for the glare -- it is very hard to get a picture of a picture.
Anyway, you get the idea!
-

Mommy made a yummy meal for everybody.
It was all sort of feminine frilly food.
-
We had (for the foodies out there):
Cranberry Walnut Chicken Salad
served on warm Croissants
Broccoli Orange Medley
Asparagus with Lemon Garlic Couscous
Strawberry Pretzel Layer Squares
Blackberry Crumble
-
Mommy was excited to spend Mother's Day with Grammie,
since they had not been together for Mother's Day in a very long time.
Here we are -- three generations enjoying a good meal!
-
The men didn't care that the food was "feminine" as long
as we let them eat it!
-
We did -- and they even offered to clean up!
-
Happy Mother's Day everybody!

1 comment:

  1. I like Gramps' face in the last pic! He looks happy!
    - Mommy

    ReplyDelete