... Thoughts on our adventures ...

... Thoughts on our adventures ...
... sharing our thoughts on our adventures ...

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

One Artist's Beginnings ...


Making Our Own Christmas Wrapping Paper
-
You start by making a Christmas stamp out of a potato.
We did simple star and tree shapes and dipped them in red and green paint.
-
I like to embellish mine with a paint brush after stamping.
-
I also add lots of dots with my fingers!
-
-
When Daddy got done with work,
he joined in the fun too!
-
He's more into abstract art than I am!
-
We got some great paper to wrap our presents with ...

now I can't wait for Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Did you just use a roll of art paper? I might have to commandeer this idea. Adorable AND fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used a roll of butcher paper from the grocery store b/c it was cheaper. Just use the plain side (not the waxed side). This is something my mom did with us when we were kids. You can also use brown paper lunch bags to wrap small gifts. Ada had a blast! Hope your girls have fun too! :-)

    ReplyDelete