... Thoughts on our adventures ...

... Thoughts on our adventures ...
... sharing our thoughts on our adventures ...

Friday, August 28, 2009

My Poor, Poor Little Babies

As you know, I love my babies. I love to change their diapers, take off their clothes, and feed them. I also tell them bye-bye and kiss them when I leave the house. Unfortunately, two of my dear babies had tragic accidents this week.

First, Rosie (the doll Aunt Allene made for my Mommy), suffered a sever concussion when I tried to give her a bath. As you can see, the bruising is quite severe on her forehead. Mommy never lets me take Rosie in the bathtub with me. So, I tried to give her a bath in the sink. This is apparently not a good idea. Poor Rosie.

Next there is my beloved Aishe. She has had a lot of bumps and scrapes along the way. Both of her arms have been broken, and she had critical back surgery on two occasions. Now, unfortunately she has broken both of her hips. Obviously, she is not cut out for the gymnastics lessons I have been giving her. She is very flexible, but she does have her limits.

I want to apologize for the graphic nature of this next picture. It is not suitable for all audiences.
Viewer discretion is advised.

Poor, poor Aishe. I am simply overcome with grief. I brought her to my Mommy today and said, "Ouey! Mommy kiss!" Mommy kissed her, but it didn't do her any good.

So, tonight we are going to pack up these two poor babies and take them to Grammie's clinic for some first aid. I think Aishe will be okay, but Rosie may have some lasting scars. I'll let you know when they return from Grammies' house.

Get well wishes and sympathy notes can be left on this blog or emailed to me. I will pass them along to Rosie and Aishe.

4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about Rosie and Aishe :-( Hopefully Grammie's clinic will help them get better soon. (I hear that chicken soup is also good medicine; I'm sure they would both benefit from some nice big spoonfuls of soup :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Ada, I was so sorry to hear about Rosie & Aishe. All I can say is "Gecmis Olsun!" (Hope you can figure that out since the keyboard doesn't have all the appropriate letters...)

    We love you!

    Auntie Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Aunt Ginny and Aunt Joy!
    Both Rosie and Aishe are at Grammie's clinic today. I have been giving them both lots of kisses. I told them to be "good girls" at Grammie's house because that is what my Mommy tells me. I have not tried chicken soup. Maybe I will give that a try. First I have to figure out how to use the can opener!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Ada,
    I was so sorry to hear about your babies. I remember when my little sister used to throw my babies around the room and it really upset me. I can just imagine how sad you must be about their accidents. I hope they come back to you as good as new! I'll bet Grammie fixes them right up. Grammies and Moms are good at that. Once my mom had to replace Renessa's (my favorite baby until I met Alise)whole body. And guess what? She did a great job! I hope they get to come home really soon!

    We love you.
    Aunt Rachel

    ReplyDelete