... Thoughts on our adventures ...

... Thoughts on our adventures ...
... sharing our thoughts on our adventures ...

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Apple Pie Technical Difficulties

Well, Mommy and I were suppose to make an apple pie together today. I know this, you know this, and Mommy knows this. However, Daddy didn't seem to know this. Mommy had a big bag of apples for the pie and Daddy, um, he ate most of them. So, today we were all set to make pie, only to discover one lonely apple. So sad. Not to be outdone, we rallied our forces and made "Backwards Cookies" instead. I know they aren't on the list, but these are fun because the cookies are chocolate and the chips are vanilla which makes them look, well, backwards. I really did play a role in these too. I held the measuring spoons for Mommy. There are no photos of this however, because I got quite upset when Mommy wanted to use the measuring spoons to measure stuff ... imagine that? So, we were both a bit flustered and didn't take pictures. I will, however, post a picture of the final product. Oh, and I can post one of the lonely apple too!

I promise that as soon as we get a chance to buy more apples we will make a pie. Maybe on Saturday?

2 comments:

  1. Ada Marie,
    Don't worry about the apple pie delay; Daddies often eat things they aren't supposed to. They don't mean to be naughty. They just get hungry. Sometime I will tell you about the things your Grandpa C. ate that he shouldn't have. It's a pretty funny story.
    Aunt Allene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ada Marie,

    I love the picture of you baning the pan with a spoon while your Mother is standing there in the kitchen! Keep up the good work. As for Aunt Allene's comment, I didn't eat pie filling!!!
    All my love,
    Gramps

    ReplyDelete