... Thoughts on our adventures ...

... Thoughts on our adventures ...
... sharing our thoughts on our adventures ...

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

How to bake snowflake cookies... as promised!

Well, I realize that this picture has nothing to do with cookies.
I only included it so that you could see my fun owl shirt!
You know, "The wise old owl is a curious fellow!"
-
Ok, now for something more to the point.
This is me in my fun owl shirt making cookies with Mommy!
By the way, Mommy wants you to know that the stuff on the floor is there because I'm playing with it and not because she leaves things like that on the floor. She's so silly!

-
Anyway, when making cookies, I think it is best to begin with a nice big spoon.
This one here will work nicely!
-
And it's also good to have a big pot of some sort.
This one will do just fine.
-
Sometimes I like to put the spoon in the pot...
-
Or it can be fun to just bang the pot with the spoon endlessly!
-
Or if you want to you can even get in the pot!
Kids, do not try this at home, it is very tricky business I tell you!
-
Anyway, while you are busy thinking of things to do with a pot and a spoon,
Mommy mixes up some stuff and turns knobs on the oven and stuff like that...
-
And before you know it ... voila! Snowflake cookies!
Here is a sampling of what we made.
Mommy wanted to make snowflakes on all of them,
but I thought that was taking way too long.
In fact, I though it was high time we sat down and read a book together.
-
So we did some snowflakes and some dots and some just brown or white.
All of them were good though! I know because our guests ate them all
in five minutes!
Next time I'll show you how to make apple pie as we work through our list!
-

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Ada, yesterday, Alise and I made some fudge, but she didn't really have a lot to contribute. I can't wait until you come to our house, I could really use an assistant baker!

    ReplyDelete