... Thoughts on our adventures ...

... Thoughts on our adventures ...
... sharing our thoughts on our adventures ...

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Tour de House -- Audience Participation Required

Although the Tour de France ended a week and a half ago,
the Tour de House is still peddling up hill trying to get everything organized and set up.
Here we go ...
-
When things get quiet around our house (which, mind you, is not that often)
Mommy knows where to find me ... in the Play Room!
-
There are a lot of great things about this room.
There are fun things to do in here:
toys to play with,
-

books to read,
-
and babies to read books to!
-
In these boxes are my blocks, legos, play dishes, etc.
-
And this is my reading corner where I keep my books. Aisha is an avid reader too!
-
And this is my toy chest/bench/place to cuddle up with a book!
-
And this is where my artsy side gets a chance to express itself.
-
But, this room has some problem areas too...
-
like this very odd little built in cupboard thing
that presents a bit of a decorating challenge.
-
Right now it houses some of the toys that are breakable
or have small parts and therefore require adult supervision.
-
This room is also home to Mommy's scrapbooking area.
-
And it is where we keep the stroller and my ever-ready backpack for outings.
Is back pack two words?
Hmmm ... oh well!
Considering my age, I think my spelling is pretty good!
I get that from my Daddy for sure! ;)
-
Oh yes, and it is where the ever important task of keeping up with laundry takes place.
(By the way, I can't tell you how happy my Mommy is that I only wear diapers at night now!
It means less getting behind on laundry because there aren't nearly as many diapers to wash!)
-
Anyway, Mommy doesn't know what to do with these other parts of the room.
We want it to all kind of go together, you know?
-
And then there is the problamatic window.
It definitely needs something,
but seeing as it is the only window in the room
(besides the skylight),
we don't want anything that will block too much sunlight.
-
Okay, so this is the part where I ask all of you to send me your suggestions for this room.
Should we paint it? What color? All four walls? The walls are divided half way up. Should we paint half? If so, which half? What should we do for the windows? Any ideas for rearranging, or grouping things? How can we make it more coheasive when it serves so many functions (toys, scrapbooking, laundry, storage, etc.)

Any ideas you have for this room are very welcome!
We may not be able to utilize them all, but we will try!
-
I can't wait to read what you all write!
Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Since it has the molding around the middle of the wall, I think you should paint the bottom half. Nathan adds that he thinks it would be cool to paint the bottom half with chalkboard paint for Ada Marie to have some fun. Perhaps not every wall, but maybe at least one wall would be fun with chalkboard paint. Also for the window I would suggest some sheer type of curtain maybe with embroidery on it. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think chalkboard paint is a great idea. I'll have to figure out where it would work best! Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big fan of the Jungle motif and think you should paint the room Jungle Green. That may be because that is the color I would like to paint my room! I am also in favor of artificial greenery. Mostly because my mother can't kill fake plants.
    Cousin Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Patrick!
    Maybe sometime I will get to come see your jungle room!

    ReplyDelete