... Thoughts on our adventures ...

... Thoughts on our adventures ...
... sharing our thoughts on our adventures ...

Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Day of Fall Fun

I just love fall, don't you?
So many fun things to do: leaves to play in, parties to go to, costumes to wear, and candy to eat!
Yesterday evening we went to the Fall Festival at Church!

It was really fun! They had a bbq cookout and different booths with games and stuff!
Gramps was a good sport and let the girls in the face painting booth put a pumpkin on the top of his head!
-
And at each booth, you got to take some candy!
I quickly picked up on this and made the most of my charming smile!
-
There was a "fishing" booth where I caught a bag of candy, a "pin the stem on the pumpkin" booth, a dive for prizes in the duck pond booth, and that big pile of straw there in the middle where you could dig for toys like coloring books and play dough!
-
And then, there was wonderful food too! I ate a hot dog, but there were also corn dogs, hamburgers, and pulled chicken bbq sandwiches. And then there were all kinds of sides and a huge table of desserts. Church ladies make good desserts!
-
And Daddy even took me on the hay ride with the big kids!
-
All the little kids had great costumes, but I was fascinated by this robot.
He let me push all his buttons! :)
-
Unfortunately, this is a blurry picture, but it's the only one we got of the three of us at the Fall Festival!
-

And in the morning we went to the Pumpkin Patch to pick a pumpkin with Grammie and Gramps!
They also had lots of fun stuff for kids to do - and things to climb!
Here I'm giving Mommy a kiss from the sleigh!
-
What a pair of lovely flowers?
-
Oops! I think I'm going the wrong way!
-
-
My favorite part was the animal petting zoo. They had the cutest bunnies and pigs, chickens, ducks, goats, sheep, and cows. I loved making all the animal sounds and saying each of their names. But I called the miniature ponies "goats" which made everyone laugh! haha!
-
And, of course, we got to pick our pumpkin. We got one little one for me (because I insisted on carrying my own) and a big one for daddy to carve!
Pumpkins are great fun, and Mommy even made some pumpkin pies which were yummy too!
-

No comments:

Post a Comment