... Thoughts on our adventures ...

... Thoughts on our adventures ...
... sharing our thoughts on our adventures ...

Monday, October 10, 2011

Tricks & Treats Weeks 2 & 3

Sorry I (Mommy) have gotten so behind on posting our tricks & treats ...
Here is a quick catch-up version!

We made these fun necklaces together for one of our crafty projects!

We also made fun cards in the Raleigh Children's Museum when we were visiting the Clays!


These Weight Watchers pumpkin brownies ... oh my goodness!
So, you take all the dry stuff from regular brownies
... cocoa, sugar, flour (1/2 whole wheat) and
then instead of adding eggs, milk, & butter/oil ...
you add pumpkin puree!

They are delicious!
A hint of pumpkin and a smooth creamy texture!
And, they are way better for you ... way lower in calories & fat!
We loved them!
-


This was my birthday cake ...
also a WW recipe.
It is a carrot cake made with pureed
carrots & pineapples, applesauce, egg whites, orange juice, and
whole wheat flour!
No sugar, no butter, no oil.
Again - amazing!
This has definitely replaced my favorite carrot cake recipe.
It was so moist & delicious!
I iced it with a simple orange glaze.
Bonus: Ada loves helping me puree the carrots & pinapples!
-
More tricks & treats to come ...
We made some pretty cool finger paint fish last week (to illustrate the letter "F").
I just need to get a picture of them!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kate,

    Can I get the recipes for the carrot cake & pumpkin brownies - they sound good & I'm always looking for recipes that come highly recommended (& healthy besides - Joel would especially appreciate that)! :)

    Joy

    ReplyDelete