... Thoughts on our adventures ...

... Thoughts on our adventures ...
... sharing our thoughts on our adventures ...

Friday, September 18, 2009

my first hair cut

Today Mommy decided that she couldn't put it off any longer and she needed to trim my hair.

She has been avoiding this for several reasons:
1) It means she must recognize the fact that I am not a baby anymore! She has definitely been in denial about this despite the fact that I walk, talk, and use the potty like a pro! :(
2) It means that she has to find a way to get me to be still.
3) She has a fear of turning me into one of those awkward kids with really short bangs because their mom cuts their hair and can't get it straight! :)

But, the truth is that my hair was always in my face. No amount of cute little hair bows, clips, rubber bands, etc. could stand up to the enthusiasm with which I enjoy life. They always end up tossed aside, and I was in danger of being unable to see through my hair-in-the-face. So, Mommy decided that the afore mentioned awkwardness was preferable to hair-in-the-face induced blindness!

So, today while I was watching Sesame Street and munching on apple wedges, Mommy quickly and stealthily trimmed my hair. I did not even notice!

Here are a few funny pictures of my new do! Notice how funny I find myself!


I love this duck from Aunt Joy!
I have taken to sleeping with it at night!
I call it my "quack-quack!"
-

This next one is Mommy's favorite!
What a funny face!


thanks for visiting my blog!

4 comments:

  1. Ada Marie you look so grown up! You need to stop that right now! Growing up happens way too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Ada, you are too cute! I love the haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look adorable, Ada! I must say your Mommy did a very good job with the haircut. And it was really good of you to cooperate (as well as being in your own best interest!) :)

    Love you,

    Auntie Joy (et al) - glad you're enjoying the duck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful haircut, Ada Marie!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete