... Thoughts on our adventures ...

... Thoughts on our adventures ...
... sharing our thoughts on our adventures ...

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Tradition!

Does the title of this post make you want to engage in some choreographed singing?
If it does, you (like my Mommy) have watched too many old musicals!
Please refrain from attempting to fiddle on any rooftops, ok? :)
-
Anyway, tonight we started our Advent Traditions.
And what Christmas tradition isn't made better by cookies?
So, we had some cookies and milk while we lit the first candle of Advent.
Well, to be honest I was only allowed a tiny taste of the cookies -- but they were good!
-
So, here is our home-away-from-home advent wreath
with Russian tea glasses for candle holders.
My parents get bonus points for resourcefulness, don't you think?
-
I, personally, thought the candles were very cool!
I just couldn't get Mommy to let me get any closer!
Also, I was very happy that we sang Christmas carols.
Well, actually my parents sang them and I smiled and clapped.
Maybe next year I'll have the words down!

2 comments:

  1. Your mommy and daddy look like they are doing a great job in giving you a wonderful second Christmas! Say Merry Christmas to them for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are ahead of us. I have the candles in our wreath but we napped instead of lighting them. No cookies in view yet. Love, Grammie

    ReplyDelete