... Thoughts on our adventures ...

... Thoughts on our adventures ...
... sharing our thoughts on our adventures ...

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Outing to the Park

Last week, on our way home, 
we went to the park because we had an unusal sunny day.
Unfortunately, we didn't have our camera with us,
 so these photos are from Daddy's phone.
They aren't great, but you get the idea.
_
Mommy had to restrain me from swimming in the fountain.
I really wanted to get in -- really, it's just a big fun bathtub!
I had to settle for walking around it.
-

... and around again...

... and again ...

... and one more time for good measure!
-
Then we came to a row of little motorized cars 
that you can rent for 5 minutes for about 20 cents.
Mommy asked Daddy if he thought I was big enough to ride one.
He didn't think so, but Mommy thought I might like it.
Daddy said I wouldn't stay in the car.
While they were debating back and forth like this...
I walked over smiled to the friendly man in charge of the cars,
and climbed on into one before anybody could stop me!
-

Mommy, Daddy, and the motor-car guy all laughed!
I wanted to show them I am big enough and I can sit in the car!
-
So, off we went!
-

The car goes by itself, but Daddy was there
 to keep me from running into people.
-

I kept him at a good pace -- 
but now you can see he's getting into it!
-
Later that week, we managed a trip
 to the playground.
Again, these pics are from Daddy's phone, 
but you can imagine that they are clearer.
-

 I love the swings!
-


Up, up, and away!  The higher the better!
-

They also have these nifty play set for the bigger kids.
-

Mommy was afraid I was too small,
but I did really well with Daddy's help!

Look how high up we are!
-

Once I got up there, I was determined
 to go down the big slide!
Not the little one -- the BIG one!
-
Mommy was really afraid I wouldn't like it...
but I loved it! 
I went down the big slide as many times as I could
 before it was time to go home!
-


1 comment:

  1. Looks like a couple very fun days Ada! Thanks for sharing - I'm not a bit surprised that you're ready for the "big kid" playground! :) Can't wait to take you to some places like that in Seattle when you come to visit; we have a lot of water, too! :)
    Love you!

    Auntie Joy, Uncle Joel & Caleb & Anya

    ReplyDelete